Toyama Chemical Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, "Company"), strongly aware of importance of the protection of personal information, strives to become a company that deservedly earns the trust of the society. In this effort, the Company considers proper protection of personal information as part of the compliance program and acts according to the policy below.
1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company shall acquire personal information in a legal and fair manner.
2. Purpose of Utilization of Personal Information
The Company shall specify the purpose of utilization of personal information and handle such information strictly within the scope necessary for the achievement of this purpose.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
In principle, the Company shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties without prior consent. However, if absolutely necessary in performing business, the Company may disclose or supply personal information to third parties without prior consent to an extent permitted by applicable laws.
4. Management of Personal Information
The Company shall take appropriate security control measures to prevent personal information from being leaked or lost.
5. Supervision of Employees and Trustees
The Company shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision of its executives and employees for the safe management of personal information. When it is necessary to entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, the Company shall also exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the trustee.
6. Building and Maintenance of Management Structure
- (1) The Company shall appoint a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO), and build and maintain the proper structure for the protection and management of personal information led by the CPO.
- (2) The Company shall keep its executives and employees informed of this policy and fundamental rules based on it. The Company shall also provide its executives and employees with education and training to thoroughly implement proper handling of personal information.
7. Disclosure, Correction, Suspension and Deletion of Personal Information
When the Company is requested disclosure, correction, discontinuance of the utilization, or erasure of the personal information based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company shall respond to the request promptly following the predetermined procedure.
8. Compliance with Laws and Guidelines
In handling personal information, the Company shall comply with laws and ordinances which apply to matters related to the protection of personal information, and respect and follow related guidelines stipulated by the government and industry groups. When conducting business activities outside Japan, the Company shall observe related overseas laws and ordinances.
April 1, 2005
Toyama Chemical Co., Ltd.